"Apple of My Eye is an amazing book. A must have for every family to share that special time with." ~Ryan
Consulting for Children's Books
“I've always wanted to write a... ”
Always wanted to make a children's book of your own? Wonder what it takes to make one? What does it mean to self-publish? What are your options?
Joceline and some of her friends are willing to put together a workshop for you so you can find out what it takes to put a children's book together. Some topics that could be covered are:
- Creating a Budget.
- I have a Manuscript/Text/Script - is it any good?
- How many pages should my book be? Why?
- What role does an editor play? Who should that be?
- Understanding where to get honest feedback - and how to listen to it.
- Once the Manuscript is done, how do I find an Illustrator?
- How much do Illustrations cost? Why?
- Are the Illustrator and Designer the same person?
- Who owns what? Copyright and other things.
- I want to print my book? Where can I do that?
- What does the printer need?
- How do I get quotes or samples from the printers?
- Book binding options? What does this mean?
- How long does it take to get my book from the printer?
- What's the difference between traditional press or digital press?
- What is Print On Demand?
- How and where do I sell my book? Who's supposed to sell it? Options.
- ISBN? Do I need one? Where do I get it?
To book a consulting session, contact Joceline for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.271.8775.